Get to know the IBSF Europe Cup – Skeleton athletes kick-off the season in Innsbruck
Here are some facts and stats:
- The IBSF Europe Cup is partly divided in a Skeleton and a Bobsleigh tour.
- The Skeleton athletes start in Innsbruck, the Bobsleigh athletes have the first EC races in Altenberg (December 6-8)
- In race series like the IBSF Europe Cup you can meet the younger and future stars of icetrack sports: lots of athletes begin their sliding career here before qualifying for their national World Cup, World Championships or Olympic teams.
- At the Kick-off EC Skeleton in Innsbruck, 64 athletes from 19 nations are currently registered.
- Even if it’s called „Europe Cup“, all nations may participate: European nations with a total of four male and female skeleton athletes, nations outside of Europe with two male/female athletes each.
- Last season’s EC Skeleton winners were Brogan Crowley (GBR, Women’s Skeleton) and Krists Netlaus (LAT, Men’s Skeleton).
- For the first time this year, the Junior European Champions are crowned in a race-in-race mode: The final Skeleton EC race in Sigulda (LAT) on January 26, 2019 also counts as Continental Championships for the Junior Skeleton athletes from Europe.
- The schedule of IBSF Europe Cup Skeleton 2018/2019 (PDF)
17 Nov 2018
Skeleton athletes Madelaine Smith and Fabian Küchler win IBSF Europe Cup races in Innsbruck
14 Dec 2017
Beierl, Hengster and Maier in contention for bobsleigh medals at home European Championships