Get to know the IBSF Europe Cup – Skeleton athletes kick-off the season in Innsbruck
Here are some facts and stats:
- The IBSF Europe Cup is partly divided in a Skeleton and a Bobsleigh tour.
- The Skeleton athletes start in Innsbruck, the Bobsleigh athletes have the first EC races in Altenberg (December 6-8)
- In race series like the IBSF Europe Cup you can meet the younger and future stars of icetrack sports: lots of athletes begin their sliding career here before qualifying for their national World Cup, World Championships or Olympic teams.
- At the Kick-off EC Skeleton in Innsbruck, 64 athletes from 19 nations are currently registered.
- Even if it’s called „Europe Cup“, all nations may participate: European nations with a total of four male and female skeleton athletes, nations outside of Europe with two male/female athletes each.
- Last season’s EC Skeleton winners were Brogan Crowley (GBR, Women’s Skeleton) and Krists Netlaus (LAT, Men’s Skeleton).
- For the first time this year, the Junior European Champions are crowned in a race-in-race mode: The final Skeleton EC race in Sigulda (LAT) on January 26, 2019 also counts as Continental Championships for the Junior Skeleton athletes from Europe.
- The schedule of IBSF Europe Cup Skeleton 2018/2019 (PDF)
18 Jan 2020
Defending title holder Friedrich extends his World Cup lead with third win of the season
21 May 2019
IBSF Sports Calendar 2019/2020 with nearly 200 races in nine countries and on three continents
27 Jan 2019
Hafer faster than Olympic Champion Friedrich at Europe Cup final - Richard Oelsner takes overall victory
27 Jan 2019
Ralfs Berzins wins Junior European Championship in 2-man Bobsleigh – Mihai Tentea U23 European Champion
25 Jan 2019
Bobsleigh pilot Alena Osipenko wins Junior European Championships and Overall Europe Cup