Get to know the IBSF Europe Cup – Skeleton athletes kick-off the season in Innsbruck
Here are some facts and stats:
- The IBSF Europe Cup is partly divided in a Skeleton and a Bobsleigh tour.
- The Skeleton athletes start in Innsbruck, the Bobsleigh athletes have the first EC races in Altenberg (December 6-8)
- In race series like the IBSF Europe Cup you can meet the younger and future stars of icetrack sports: lots of athletes begin their sliding career here before qualifying for their national World Cup, World Championships or Olympic teams.
- At the Kick-off EC Skeleton in Innsbruck, 64 athletes from 19 nations are currently registered.
- Even if it’s called „Europe Cup“, all nations may participate: European nations with a total of four male and female skeleton athletes, nations outside of Europe with two male/female athletes each.
- Last season’s EC Skeleton winners were Brogan Crowley (GBR, Women’s Skeleton) and Krists Netlaus (LAT, Men’s Skeleton).
- For the first time this year, the Junior European Champions are crowned in a race-in-race mode: The final Skeleton EC race in Sigulda (LAT) on January 26, 2019 also counts as Continental Championships for the Junior Skeleton athletes from Europe.
- The schedule of IBSF Europe Cup Skeleton 2018/2019 (PDF)
21 May 2019
IBSF Sports Calendar 2019/2020 with nearly 200 races in nine countries and on three continents
27 Jan 2019
Hafer faster than Olympic Champion Friedrich at Europe Cup final - Richard Oelsner takes overall victory
27 Jan 2019
Ralfs Berzins wins Junior European Championship in 2-man Bobsleigh – Mihai Tentea U23 European Champion
25 Jan 2019
Bobsleigh pilot Alena Osipenko wins Junior European Championships and Overall Europe Cup
18 Jan 2019
Skeleton athlete Janine Flock with third European Championship title at BMW IBSF World Cup
12 Jan 2019
Europe Cup Skeleton: Janine Becker leads the Women’s field, Fabian Küchler secures overall victory in Men’s Skeleto…
17 Dec 2018
Bobsleigh pilots Christin Senkel and Jonas Jannusch lead IBSF Europe Cup overall ranking
17 Nov 2018
Skeleton athletes Madelaine Smith and Fabian Küchler win IBSF Europe Cup races in Innsbruck